Since the surge of obesity is on its peak these days, weight loss solutions and recipes are a dime a dozen! But not all are free of side effects. Well, I have already sung praises of water and how it is the best bet for people aiming to lose weight, but did you know that adding certain fruits / vegetables / other ingredients to water can boost its efficiency in preventing weight gain a great deal? Well it can, and I’ll show you how and why.
If you are reading this, I am sure you have already done a lot of research on weight loss. And I am also sure you must, by now, have learned a thing or two about detox water recipes. For those who have not – while the word “detoxification” has a rather … scary, serious medical procedure-y feel to it, it is nothing more than the cleansing of the body. Simply put, detox water helps kick up the digestion and boosts the immune system, thus helping in weight loss. Moreover, it simply makes drinking a good amount of water easier and more fun!
So … yes, even though your research might have done you some good, what you may not have landed on on some delicious recipes of detox water to add a kick of flavor to your water!
Here is where you want to be!
- Watermelon detox water – Could it get any easier? Dice up a nice, cold watermelon, fill up a jug of water and add them to it. Drink it every day, as many times as you’d like. It makes for a tasty, refreshing drink that also boosts metabolism.
- Citrus boost detox water – This drink, that is loaded with the most thought after nutrients like Vitamin C, is made up of the ultimate refreshing trio – mint, cucumbers and lime. Slice these veggies and put them in your pitcher containing the water and keep it in the refrigerator. Let it sit there for a bit, and then drink up and feel the toxins leaving your body!
- Detox water with Chia Seeds – If you want to try something different and more filling, this is the drink for you. Chia seeds have the tendency to swell up when added to water then creating a gel-like, heavy consistency. Providing you with the right amount of calcium and fiber, this detox drink also helps in curbing your appetite and losing weight.
- Weight loss combo detox water – This recipe is packed with the most effective and active weight loss agents – grapefruit, tangerine and cucumbers. This drink provides a full-fledged helping hand in facilitating in weight loss by providing flavor, minerals and of course, detoxification!
- Strawberry and Kiwi detox water – Infusing sliced fresh strawberries, kiwi and lemon in cold water is what makes this zesty detox water one of the top favorites. Sick of the old sour tasting, medicine-like weight loss drinks? Try this and you would never want to switch