Combined Extra-corporeal Shock-wave Therapy
Extracorporeal Shockwave therapy is used to treat severe pain in joints is a multidisciplinary device. The name Extracorporeal itself indicates, the therapy is given outside body by providing shockwaves. Shockwave therapy is more often used in orthopedics, veterinary medicine, urology and sprain caused during sports. Shockwave therapy is recommended to provide relief from acute pain which is not subsided for regular medications. Shockwave therapy is non-surgical and does not require any resting period post treatment. Pain will be relieved after undergoing therapy without using additional painkillers. Visit https://nydnrehab.com/treatment-methods/shockwave/ for more know how.
Shockwave is an acoustic or auditory sound is energy wave which travels faster than the speed of sound wave with high intensive energy to painful area. This energy promotes recuperation process faster and regenerates bones, tissues and tendons within short span of time. The shockwave therapy is widely used to break kidney stones without surgery. This method is indeed blessed for people suffering from kidney stones and many got relieved from acute pain post treatment. This shockwave method effectively works on other pains and helps in subsiding faster.
The shockwave therapy treatment machines are different for treating kidney stones and other parts of the body. Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy is short termed as ESWT and is most commonly used to treat various pains caused in different parts of body. Shockwave therapy is effective on treating tissues attached to bone causing pain.
Points to remember during Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Shockwave therapy is considered by physician only when person do not respond to initial medications like anti-inflammatory medications, steroid injections and massage.
- Some individuals feel relief for a while after taking medications and pain persists later are also considered to receive shockwave therapy.
- The extracorporeal shockwave therapy is expensive but highly beneficial!
- The treatment is also done when surgery is the only option.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy should not be used to treat tumors or other types of cancers.
- Expectant and lactating mothers should avoid shockwave therapy to avoid negative contradictions.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy has no serious side effects but few may experience mild side effects like tingling, redness, or aching which subsides very fast. Visit https://nydnrehab.com/treatment-methods/shockwave/ for more know how.
- Shockwave therapy help in stimulating damaged components in the body to heal which did not heal on its own.
- Often extracorporeal shockwave therapy requires anesthesia or sedation to withstand pain.
- But, anesthesia given prior to treatment lessens effectiveness of shockwave therapy.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy reduces pain very effectively but the effects are short-lived.
- Currently extracorporeal shock wave therapy is becoming popular to treat musculoskeletal disorders.
- Many physicians consider shockwave therapy to treat tennis elbow, fractures, athlete’s feet and ortho pains.
- Many people walk and do work on their own after undergoing shock wave therapy.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy helps to overcome painful shoulder, jumper’s knee, hip pain and other pains which are non-curable with regular medications.
- Individuals should consult doctors before opting for shockwave therapy to avoid further side effects.
- Moreover, shockwave therapy is non-surgical and there will be no fear of scars!