One of the most common mental disorders in the world is anxiety. Millions suffer this illness to varying degrees around the world. This condition can be serious and you should certainly consult a professional before trying any recommendations. Here are some excellent choices of natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Anxiety
- Therapeutic bath. One of the Japanese secrets to relaxation has long been a soothing bath. Add aroma-therapy and you have a great way to relax. Use a natural bubble bath with incense, candles and spiritual pictures to bring a full state of relaxation. Add in several drops of lavender essential oil for an extraordinarily relaxing bath.
- Sleep deprivation is a leading cause of anxiety. Be sure to get enough sleep. If you are only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep it is not enough. Many studies have concluded that most of us need 6 – 9 hours of sleep to be truly rested. If you want to be healthy you have to take the time necessary to be get enough sleep.
- Herbal remedy. Drink a cup of chamomile tea each night in place of your alcoholic night cap. This herbal tea has been used for centuries to relax.
- Breath of fresh air. Practice deep breathing. Most of us breath shallow and quickly which produces stress hormones. This shallow breathing is symptomatic of an anxiety attack. Twenty minutes of daily meditation in the morning and again in the evening will produce what Harvard studies call the relaxation response. We are always in such a hurry these days and we fail to slow down and take time to relax. Then we wonder why we are always on edge. Getting comfortable with meditation may take several times of practice, but once your body and mind become familiar with it, you will feel a noticeable result each time you meditate. Using breath as a focal point of meditation will not only help you relax, but will bring added oxygen in the body which will enhance your experience and further help you feel at peace.
- Spiritual Remedies. Studies show that those who have a spiritual or religious belief they actively practice are more calm and experience less anxiety. There is no doubt about it, those who practice some form of spiritual faith daily suffer less illness, experience greater calm and are the most comfortable and satisfied with their life.
- Exercise. Aerobic exercise is a great stress reliever. In our modern society we are always looking for some pill or potion to make our problems instantly disappear, but it is often the common elements of living that will do us the most good. For anxiety, aerobic exercise is a great way to reduce attacks.
The answers we seek are often with-in us. Unfortunately we are usually to busy looking outwardly to find them.
The author is not a Doctor and has no medical training. Always consult your health care professional before using these or any home remedies or natural cures.