Your Way to Fitness – Moderate Exercise Routines
If you are like a lot of people out there, you can relate to feeling tired and so stressed
that as soon as you get home from your day and see the mess in the house, the kids being rowdy and wanting to play with you but you just do not have the energy at all?
Well, instead of the usual rain check, take the plunge once in a while. A few minutes of physical activity with your kids will make your whole body feel better and it will have more energy after you do it.
If you exercise moderately for just 30 minutes each day you will also feel a lot better mentally. It is a fact that doing 30 minutes of physical activity will also increase your appetite and it makes you become sharper in your decision making process. It is also true that it will also benefit you in your sleeping patterns.
Exercising regularly promotes self discipline and it positively impacts your perception of life. Is not it amazing something so simple as moving your body for 30 minutes can do to you? Just try it.
The benefits of this are so great it is really a wonder that not more people have daily exercising routines. I personally catch myself procrastinating about it very often. The pleasures of life and the human comforts get the best of me a lot of the time. But every time I get back into my routine, everything in life just seems so better.
The truth is you do not really have to do that much. You do not even want to force your body at all. If you get injured along the way you might end up giving up. It also does not have to be every day. You can exercise at least 3 times a week for half an hour and do immense good to your body, overall health and your good spirits.
Here's a quick example of the things you can do:
1. Walking. How much do you know your neighbourhood? Take a walk around the block or go walk your dog. As a matter of fact, you can encourage the whole gang to take family walks and next you know, you are burning calories while getting to know some cute little places you never knew existed. Enjoying the sunlight is also good for your body, hair and health.
3. Do some sport. If you enjoy playing team games you can always find a team that is needing another player. I love playing indoor soccer and there are all kinds of opportunities for sports games in your local rec center. But even just shooting some hoops with a buddy is enough to get your blood flowing and helping you feel better and keep your body in shape.
2. Yoga. Yoga is definitely one of the most energizing exercises I've ever done. It is incredibly energizing for the soul as well and I found that when I do yoga I get into a space of discipline and stamina that I start not postponing things and I become much more focused. I highly recommend yoga. It is also very gentle if you go to a beginners class to start.
Just look around the web for "yoga your town" and you should be able to find a good place where you can start. But even if you are not into going to a yoga gym for any reason, you can pick up one of those yoga dvds online and learn a few positions. If you do yoga for only a few minutes each day, you will relax, stretch your body and feel much better about yourself.
4. Get an exercise machine. There are many great machines out there that do not cost that much and that can really help you get in shape and have that toned body that you always dreamed of. Elliptical trainers are great machines for beginner and they provide the best workout for both your arms and legs and they are great for your cardiac functions. If you do not have the money to afford a brand new one you can find one at eBay but it's nice to have a warranty on those. There are many sites out there that offer exercise machine reviews. Just do a search online and you will find plenty of those. My favorite are the elliptical trainers. Those are great.
5. Exercise while doing household chores. Gardening, raking leaves, lawn mowing, doing the laundry, vacuuming and car washing are great moderate exercises that you can do at home. Make use of these small chores to sweat and burn some calories along the way. Instead of using machines and gadgets to perform these chores, why not do it by hand and burn some fat while at it.
Making exercises as part of your daily routines will surprise you of how much calories you will lose. Just by doing very moderate exercises for a little while every day you could burn up to 1000 calories per day!