South Carolina Medicare Advantage plans, just like the Medicare Advantage program nationwide, are poised for some major changes in 2010 and beyond. Does this affect you and, if so, how? If you have a Medicare Advantage plan currently, should you keep the same plan, find a new MA plan or return to "original Medicare"?
The Advantage plan program is an alternative to "original Medicare". With this program, Medicare beneficiaries enroll with a private company for the management and administration of their Medicare benefits. Since the program's inception, it has been controversial in some circles, as the Federal Government pays the private companies a large amount of money per person, per year to manage each individual's Medicare benefits through the private company.
In early 2009, the Obama administration, in conjunction with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), announced plans to overhaul the way these plans are handled. These changes will affect the companies that administrator the private plans, as well as those governed in them. Some of the major changes include:
- As a large part of an announced $ 316 billion Medicare funding cut , funding to the private Medicare Advantage plans will be reduced. To go along with this, there will be a competitive bidding process for these private plan contracts.
- Annual out-of-pocket expenses will be required to be capped in 2010. The anticipated cap amount is $ 3,400 .
- Plans with 10 or fewer enrollees in a certain area, or county, will be required to not offer plans in that area.
- CMS projects that 10 million Medicare Advantage customers will face monthly premium increases of $ 40-70 per person in 2010 . To go along with the higher premiums, many of the South Carolina Medicare Advantage plans will also be reducing services / coverage to compensate for lower reimbursements rates from the Federal Government.
- Starting in 2011, the private MA plans are required to develop networks for their coverage. Currently, the private-fee-for-service (PFFS) plans are not required to have networks. This elimination of the PFFS plans as they are now is already having an impact for 2010. Coventry Health Care, Well Care Health Plans and Health Net all have announced the end to their PFFS plans as of 1/1/2010 – between these three companies , This affects 428,000 people nationwide.
Without a doubt, it is appropriate that the market for South Carolina Medicare Advantage plans is changing. Each individual must look past any pre-existing notions of the differences in "original Medicare" and the MA program and re-examine how these plans are going to work for them moving forward. While some may find it advantageous to stay with the government's Medicare Advantage program, even after all of the changes; However, others may find more reasonable and comprehensive Medicare Insurance coverage elsewhere. …
Dietary supplements are popular complementary or alternative medicines for people with lack of nutrients. Although dietary supplements are regulated by the FDA as foods, they are regulated differently from other foods and from drugs. Dietary supplements can include vitamins and minerals that our body requires.
An Herb is a plant or plant part valued for its medicinal or therapeutic properties, flavor or scent. Products made from herbs that are used to maintain or improve health may be called herbal dietary supplements. Ginseng is such an herb, used as dietary supplement to supply boost of energy by providing enough nutrition to our body that our everyday diet lacks.
Nutritional deficiency is almost impossible to avoid in these modern times. With our busy lifestyle, the ever-tempting convenience of fast food, it is now very difficult to enjoy excellent daily nutrition.
Ginseng Dietary supplement helps boost our immune system. The stronger your immune system, the more resistant your body can be against disease. You probably know that popping a tablet or two of Ginsana Energy can help you avoid colds and related illnesses. This is exactly how useful Ginseng supplement is. Ginseng supplement not only replace proper nutrition, it work by complementing your diet to make sure you get the right nutrients that you need.
To take full advantage of what ginseng dietary supplements can offer, you must choose the right supplement to take. It is only by taking your choice seriously will you be able to live a fuller, and better life. So, choose well from now on.…