Throughout our whole life, we try to keep a healthy work-life balance which means giving quality time to both the major aspects of our life- personal and professional. Those who master this art enjoy a healthy, happy, and productive life while those who struggle to do that are often seeing stressed and depressed which ultimately hamper their physical and mental well-being.
Before getting into the article, let’s have a look at some of the health problems that are most likely to occur due to the disruptions between our jobs and personal lives.
- Relationships – Relationships are greatly affected due to poor work-life balance. Poor work-life balance can lead to misunderstandings. Lack of spending quality time with each other may also hamper relationships. As a result, the other partner may start feeling left out and lonely in many cases
- Stress – Meeting deadlines or working overtime can make you anxious and stressed. Moreover, the inability to complete the work on time is enough to put you under stress. Working under stressful circumstances is enough to decrease productivity, energy, and focus thus resulting in poor job performance
- Substance abuse – Overworked people are more susceptible to substance abuse because of the increase in stress-levels. And, to get instant relief people from something that temporarily distracts or divert their mind from a stressful situation.
By now, you must understand that poor work-life balance possesses a great threat to mankind and their relationships. On the contrary, people who know how to keep a healthy balance between personal and professional life are likely to enjoy a healthy life. Given below are some of the many characteristics that they possess:
- An employee stays productive and focused in the workplace
- They know how to keep both the important aspect of their life happy
- They are often motivated to take participation in various activities
- They remain active and energized
- They remain mentally and physically active
To help you achieve a healthy work-life balance, we have thoughtfully crafted tips that work wonders. Keep scrolling!
1. Take a Healthy Diet
First things first, a poor diet is one of the main reasons behind feeling sluggish and tired. Also, too much sitting can also lead to an increase your waistline along with other health issues like increased risk of heart diseases, diabetes, and unhealthy cholesterol levels.
To reduce that, intake a healthy and balanced homely diet regularly to enhance your productivity levels and health ofcourse. If you are unable to meet your daily food needs, consider some healthy tiffin service to cater your regular meal needs. There are plenty of options to follow a healthy diet, you just need to motivate yourself to stick to the path.
2. Speak With Your Team Leader/Manager
The other effective way to distress yourself and allow some balance between your personal and professional life is to have one on one conversation with your team manager, who assigns you work on a daily basis.
There might be a possibility that they don’t the complication that you are dealing so inform them. The communication gap between the team member and the leader can turn out to be a great problem for the employee and the organization. For this reason, talk to your team manager and request them to provide solutions to reduce the workload that is stopping you to keep a healthy work-life balance.
3. Set a Weekly Schedule
Planning is a crucial part to stay happy and well-organized in life. On that note, it is a great idea to plan your weekly schedule ahead so that you can manage everything effectively without burdening yourself with stress. It may sound old- school but bet it will help you to carve out some “me time” too so that you have a few minutes with yourself either at home or office.
Not only it makes you feel refreshed but this way can also help you to spend some quality time with your friends/family that is not possible otherwise.
4. Be Positive
Staying positive is highly crucial to lower down the burden of stress that you carry. A person having a positive mindset tend to enjoy things more either personal or professional. It will turn down half of your work-life issues too.
A person with optimistic thoughts leads a life full of health, wealth and happiness. They don’t stress themselves no matter how difficult the situation is rather they look for the ways to overcome the situation and come out of tougher times stronger and healthier. So, the next time you found yourself stuck in any situation that is hampering your work-life balance, just remember – “This too shall pass” and you’re good to go.
5. Don’t Panic
There are times when everything is falling apart and you really see no way to come out of it. In such situations, sit back and relax for a while. Get away from nervousness and leave the task that is exhausting not just for your physical but mental health too. Talk to yourself and avoid any unnecessary thoughts that are making you anxious or worried. Talk to your close friends/family to distract from these negative thoughts.
6. Get Moving
It might be difficult to take out time from your busy schedule to work out, but it is necessary to stay physically active for obtaining these overall health benefits:
- Stronger immune system
- It helps to give an energy boost
- You will be more concentrated in work
- It helps reduce stress, depression, and anxiety
- It helps in lifting the mood
7. Seek Professional Advice
If you still feel it difficult to have a healthy work-life balance despite putting in endless efforts, It’s better to take professional advice from Life Coach or Counselor. There might be some underlying medical condition that is affecting your health so it’s better to get tested for reducing the chances of any long-term issues.
It might be challenging at first, but once you get a hang of it, achieving a healthy work-life balance will no longer remain a difficult task. Just ensure that everybody has their own ways of handling the circumstances so instead of copying others find out what works best for you and stick to it.
Trust yourself, you will surely learn to turn the sour lemons life throws at you into fresh lemonade!
Best of luck
Check out the infographic below for more tips to deal with stress!
Infographic provided by Scottsdale Mental Health and Wellness, an Arizona psychotherapy clinic