You are what you eat. This is an old saying, which is true. To an extent of course. What you eat often affects you health, not to mention your appearance. For example if you drink alcohol and smoke chances are you will be less healthy than someone who does not. This can be compared to all foods, such as fruit and vegetables, meat, junk food, etc. The more balanced diet you have the higher chances you have of being healthy and in shape.
So here are 7 Healthy Diet Foods which you should very much consider next time you go shopping.
List of 7 Healthy Diet Foods
- Apples . An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Since these are loaded with vitamins C and A, they help lower cholesterol and your chance of getting cancer.
- Broccoli . One serving has 97% of your vitamin C for the day. Enough said
- Oranges . These guys help prevent cold and flues, are a healthier alternative to snacks, taste great and have heaps of vitamin C.
- Carrots . Carrots have beta carotene which is known to fight cancer. They are also good for the eyes, and make a great diet snack when dipped in some low-fat dipping cream.
- Salmon. Salmon contains omega-3 fat, which is good for your heart. Also research shows that people who eat salmon once a week are known to have 50% less chance of having a heart attack.
- Seaweed . Seaweed is loaded with calcium, magnesium, iron and iodine, which is all needed by our bodies. It is also healthy, and tastes great in sushi.
- Garlic . Garlic is great in every aspect, from helping you stay fit to prevent heart cancer. I suggest that you study up on garlic so that you understand all of the good things it does. It would take an article the length of a book to go into great detail.
So there you have it, 7 Healthy Diet Foods which you should keep in mind next time you go shopping!