CoQ10 is vital for women’s health. What is CoQ10? CoQ10 is Coenzyme Q10, which is a natural substance that is produced by the body. It is found in every cell and is responsible for producing energy at the cellular level. It is also an antioxidant that can help to prevent or repair damage done by free radicals.
Benefits of CoQ10 for Women
· Protects against Heart Disease – CoQ10 can improve cardiac function and can reduce the risk of heart disease. CoQ10 helps to reduce blood pressure, lower occurrence of arrhythmias, and shortens recovery time.
· Helps People with Congestive Heart Failure – It is possible that CoQ10 can help reduce swelling in the legs, improve breathing by reducing fluid in the lungs, and increase the capacity at which people exercise.
· Helps Cancer Patients – Supplementing with CoQ10 can help patients with remission, as well as help others use a significant reduction in pain medications. CoQ10 has also been shown to alleviate the side effects of cancer.
· Alleviates Menopause Symptoms – Studies have shown that supplementing with CoQ10 can help with the symptoms that are associated with menopause. These symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, and fatigue.
· Protects and Repairs Skin – As your body ages, it is not able to produce Coenzyme Q10. Not only is it not able to continue to produce CoQ10, it is not able to produce collagen, elastin, and other important skin molecules. Low levels of CoQ10 increases the risk of free radical damage, which can turn into wrinkles and brown age spots.
· Improves Migraine Symptoms – It helps to reduce the occurrence of migraines, as well as minimize the intensity.
· Helps Improve Immune System – CoQ10 enhances the immune system for people that have nutritional and vitamin deficiencies, as well as people who do not.
· Keeps Electron Transport Chain working properly – The electron transport chain is the process for which your body makes energy. Your body will go through a process that will make ATP. ATP is for energy and requires CoQ10.
· Helps People with Diabetes – Supplements of CoQ10 can help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure for people with diabetes. They also help improve heart health. Heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure are all common issues that are associated with diabetes. It is important to talk to your doctor if you have diabetes before taking CoQ10 supplements because there is some concern that causes a sudden and dramatic drop in blood sugar.
· Possibly helps People with Alzheimer’s disease – Studies have shown that CoQ10 improves the mitochondrial function in Alzheimer’s disease.
Side Effects of CoQ10
CoQ10 comes in supplements that range from 100 to 300 mg. They should be taken with dietary fat if it is not in an oil based capsule. There are few side effects, but some people have complained of gastrointestinal upset and diarrhea when taken on an empty stomach.
If you are on a glucose lowering drug, you should consult your doctor before taking a CoQ10 supplement because this supplement has blood sugar lowering abilities.
CoQ10 has some amazing benefits. It is recommended that you consult your doctor before you take CoQ10 to ensure it will not counteract any medications you may be on health issues.