Urinalysis or urine drug test can detect the presence of drugs within your system. Have in mind that this is one of the most popular methods for detecting drug testing.
Do not worry because it is painless, non-invasive, quick, simple to conduct, and the most affordable solution that you can find on the market when it comes to drug screenings. Your employer will be able to detect the presence of both illegal and legal, prescription drugs.
The main problem with urinalysis is the ability to pass it by using various methods that you can find online.
It is crucial for us to start from the very beginning, so we will explain to you purposes, uses, and ways to pass a urine drug test.
Reasons for Conducting a Urine Drug Test
It is important to remember that drug screening can easily detect both prescription medications and illegal substances that may affect your overall productivity.
Therefore, the doctor can quickly request from you to conduct this particular type of screening, especially if he/she has a suspicion that you are misusing prescription meds or illegal drugs.
For instance, if you are overusing uploads that you have got for chronic pain, the doctor can easily give you urinalysis so that you can get back on the track.
In case that ER staff members suspect that you are behaving dangerously or strangely, due to drug abuse, they can also request this particular testing method.
- Rehabilitation Programs – Remember that as a part of the rehab program, you have to conduct regular screenings for both illegal and legal drugs because that way, they will determine whether you’re sober or not. At the same time, prison officials can also legally conduct drug screenings to prisoners that had a history of drug abuse.
- Sporting Events – If you wish to engage in a professional sporting event, the officials may quickly request from you to conduct urinalysis with an idea to check whether you are using performance-enhancing drugs and other illegal substances that will boost your performance levels.
- Employers – Employers have legal rights to request to both existing and potential staff members to take urinalysis based on the company’s drug policy you should read beforehand. Have in mind that it is a common choice among employers to conduct these screenings, primarily if they are operating within industries that require high levels of safety and security. At the same time, an employer can quickly test a person who operates heavy machinery or vehicles, because that is a mandatory requirement from federal regulations.
Drug testing for cannabis acts differently than other methods of screening which is why you should check here to learn more about it.
Procedures of Urine Analysis
Even though the methods could include taking urine samples without supervision, employment drug tests always include trained technicians and medical personnel that will help you along the way.
You should know that we can consider two types of urinalysis and both of them require a transparent and clear sample.
- Immunoassay Test – When it comes to this particular type of screening, you should have in mind that it is the most common due to its affordable price tag and fast results that you will get afterward. The main problem with it is the ability to get false-positive results and gain a presence of drugs that you have not used before.
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry – When it comes to more efficient testing method, we have to consider GC-MS screening, which is a more reliable solution when compared with IA tests. It features the ability to detect a wide array of drugs, which is not the case with the one we have mentioned above. In most cases, administrators will use this method as the addition to reduce the possibilities of false positive issues.
Is Urinalysis Reliable?
Most urine drug tests feature a threshold of drug metabolites that you may have in your urine during the screening process. For instance, you will be able to use fake urine for passing a piss test or decide to conduct detoxification that will help you along the way. Therefore, the result may be positive, only if the drug passes that particular threshold.
They have implemented minimal levels of drug metabolites so that they can reduce the possibility of false-positive results. However, they can happen in the case that you have not consumed anything but take a specific food that may feature the right amount of opium, coca, or hemp.
Therefore, when you decide to eat poppy seeds before a urinalysis, have in mind that in rare cases the test may detect the presence of opium. Consequently, you should avoid consuming them before testing.
How Should You Prepare For Test?
Before the testing starts, you have to be completely aware of what is going on within your organism and urine. Therefore, it is highly essential to tell technicians and provider that you are consuming prescription medications due to some specific issues.
Of course, you have to bring relevant and certified documentation as well as doctor note that will help your employer understand the reasons why you consume specific meds that may be considered as illicit in the workplace.
You have to prepare yourself, but not as other methods that are common among employers. The idea is that you have to urinate into a plastic container that you will get in the screening areas such as a laboratory or another medical facility.
At the same time, it is vital to have in mind that specific supplements, as well as medicines, may increase the chances of false positive results that may affect your hiring process.
You can consume certain natural remedies to pass a drug test, which is why you should check out this site: https://www.wikihow.com/Pass-a-Drug-Test-With-Home-Remedies.
The process of conducting a test includes:
- As soon as you enter the laboratory, a certified technician will ask you to empty your pockets and remove excess items and clothing such as coats and bags.
- At the same time, you have to clean your hands with antibacterial gel and water so that you can reduce the possibility of contamination of the sample. Some technicians will wipe your cloth so that you can clean the genital area as well.
- You have to urinate in the container until you reach a specific point that the technician will instruct you.
- As soon as you finish, you should give it to the technician, and he will analyze promptly.