All of us want to live longer and be with our loved ones. Here are our 7 secrets on how to stay healthy to help you live a longer life.
1. You need to increase your soy consumption. Scientific findings reveal that soy products can lower cholesterol level at the same time reducing the risk of acquiring cardiovascular diseases. For women, these products may help them control hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms. Soy comes from soy nuts, soybeans, tofu, and soy milk.
2. You must also increase fiber intake. Fiber is one of the most important nutrients that you must have as you age. It helps increase good cholesterol while lowering the bad cholesterol. It also helps regulate bowel movements, as it improves digestion. You can get fiber from fruits such as Acai berries, grapes, and apples; green leafy vegetables; whole-wheat cereals; and oatmeal. There are available fiber supplements if you want it to be handy all the time.
3. The third among our 7 secrets on how to stay healthy is through powerful antioxidants. If we have them on our daily diet, we can be sure that we get more protection against different kinds of cancer because these antioxidants fight cancer cells. They are present in red tomatoes, carrots, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and spinach, and acai berries and blueberries.
4. Calcium helps a lot in keeping bones stronger and healthier. You can get calcium from milk and low-fat cheese and yogurts. There are also calcium supplements available in your local health store. It also keeps your teeth stronger.
5. The fifth tip in our 7 secrets on how to stay healthy is drinking enough water every day.It cleanses the body by flushing out toxins that causes you to age faster.
6. Exercising regularly is always part of a healthy lifestyle. Go for high intensity but quick exercises because they are better than low intensity yet longer exercise routines.
7. Maintain a positive disposition in life. Smile often and worry less.